Clarke Historical Library
The Clarke Historical Library was founded in 1954 through a gift from Dr. Norman E. Clarke, Sr. to his alma mater. Dr. Clarke was a book collector of unusual insight and breadth. The institution bearing Dr. Clarke’s name has become one of Michigan’s leading research libraries. The material found in the library honors the spirit of Dr. Clarke’s initial charge, his subsequent interests, and the ongoing needs of the CMU community.